If you or your DH looses their job?...

How much money do you have in savings to get you by? How long do you think you could continue to live your same lifestyle. We have about 90K plus 250 in 401 Ks I think we would be OK for a year or two. Be honest ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• If I lose my job we'll be fine. If he loses his we're screwed!
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• We'd be fine for many years. We're very frugal. It also helps that we both started working right after college and didn't have a child until we were completely out of debt, mortgage paid for, student loans paid for, etc. Now we are able to put a few thousand away every month into savings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• **giggle**
    You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• We only have about $7,000 in the savings, but then, we have been paying off debt and putting very little aside. Now that we are caught up I'm putting about $500 aside a week
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• We would not have taken on a mortgage that we could not afford on one income.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• We were able to live on his unemployment alone for the months after he was laid off til he found a new job. The check was nearly $600 a week though, so that wasn't horrible.
    Anonymous