For all the single moms who are dating...

Does it annoy you when a guy talks about how much money he has? I know some women might go for that but it bugs the heck out of me! Of course I want to meet a man who makes his own money so I don't have to support him but I don't want to hear about it all the time. I started talking to this one guy and he is always talking about his truck he just go body work done on or his Iphone or the fact that he doesn't have to eat at home because he "always has money." It's really turning me off and whenever he starts his money talk, I always end up rolling my eyes and cutting the conversation short. Does a man who brags about his money do it for you?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• No, if you have it you don't have to brag. He sounds selfish to me and he is trying to boost his self esteem.

TELL HIM, STOP TOOTING YOUR OWN HORN AND KEEP ON MOVIN!!!!

lol
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I don't like that either. My boyfriend talks about how much he makes, but that's b/c we're getting ready to move in together and we need to discuss financial matters. If he'd been doing it right from the start, I would've lost interest. I would have seen it as either, (a) bragging, which is a big turn off, or (b) being so insecure that he feels his money is the only draw, which is also a big turn off.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't want to hear that all the time. I would actually feel bad having to hear how much he makes compared to me when I have kids to feed. My SO and I right now only discuss money because we're talking about buying a house in the near future so we have to know these things and he's also trying to make more money at work so he'll talk to me about temp bids that pop up at work that he can sign up for that'll give him more money so we can afford things. But at least he doesn't make me feel bad that he makes all the money.

NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 11:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Total turn off!!!!!
    Guys who act like that have nothing to offer you, except money. And we all know that doesn't make you happy........
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• If he has to talk about it that much - it means probably the opposite. Like maybe along with his "wealth" he has a ton of debt to go along with it. You can usually tell if someone is financially stable by the way they behave - not the way they talk about it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• How long have you been dating him?

If brand new, maybe, he is just showing off ?

If it has been a while 6 months or longer, Tell him, he sounds like a ASS.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I agree...if you have it, no need to brag, and it's a huge turn off. Tell him so. It may be why he's still single. It's an insecurity.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2010