what should I do?? this is so weird

back in late January I told a friend that i was going to make him a scarf but that I had a few others promised before his. He said okay...so I asked him what colors and he said red and black are his favorite.
so then I made the other scarves and now I'm doing his. they work up really fast so that it will be ready to mail within two days...well I emailed him and told him that and he said "forget it, it will be summer before I get it. Just keep it."
ouch. that really hurt. So what should I do??
would your feelings be hurt? or is he right to be ticked because it took me six weeks to get around to his??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• id send it to him anyway then he will feel like crap
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I would send it anyway with a note that he can use it next winter.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• uhh that wasnt very nice of him... I would just give it to someone who will appreciate the work u put into it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• He is not right to be rude to you like that just because you didn't send it to him a week after mentioning it. He should be grateful for the thought and the time you spent. I don't know where he lives but here in Michigan we have plenty of scarf weather left, and winter will come around again next year too. You can be the bigger person and still send it or give it to someone else who is more appreciative.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• That was extremely rude and ungrateful!   OK so winter is almost over, does he plan on being around for another winter season?

Honestly, I wouldn't bother because he doesn't sound like much of a friend to me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Thank you all for your input. This is just so strange. I feel like I will finish it since I started it. He lives in Baltimore and I know its still plenty cold there. I think that from now on, I will just not tell folks that Im making something for them. I will pick the color and pattern myself and then just mail it at my leisure without the pressure.
    Really, I don't know what to think of his rudeness.
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I'd mail it anyway, even though he was jerky with his remark.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Send it to him with a note saying ou are sorry it took so long. He can always wear it next winter.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2010