Were you afraid to raise a son alone- who is now an adult?

Of course this question is only for single moms or moms who raised their son alone. Did you have many fears about raising a young boy alone? After he has grown up, are you more appreciative for having a son? I am. I always wanted a daughter. My impression was a girl would be able to relate to me more. This is true for the most part. Some how I thought a boy would be more distant than the girl. I found it happens in cycles. The boy strays away and figures out life on his own. Then he returns as a man and is more thoughtful and caring of his mom. Atleast that is my experience. Whats yours?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 10:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• My son is only 4. I wanted a girl, but i am SO glad that I got a son. He hasnt found himself- or become a man yet... but I hope that my guidance for him will be helpful and that one day, he will appreciate me for what i've done... and that i'll be able to look at him and say, yea- i raised him, he's not a drug addict or dealer, he's not a thief, he's not this and that... he's respectable, strong, independent, loving, kind, caring, etc. of course- i still have that fear that he'll be the things i dont want him to be, but I teach him what i know and I think/hope if he knows what i expect from him and we have a strong relationship, he'll end up in the good life.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 4:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2010