Is caffeine-free pepsi okay during pregnancy??

I don't drink it everyday, but today I'm craving it! And it helps with the nausea for some reason! I already had one cup, going on my second, which will be it for the day. What are your opinions????

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Aside from the sugar and sodium, I don't see a problem with it. Just watch your intake, like you already are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Even regular pepsi in moderation is fine. But if it helps with the nausea then go for it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• haha! my Dr told me 2 cokes per day (or 2 caffeinated beverages) Coke really helped with my nausea also. A lot of Dr's say to watch your caffeine but they are assuming you also drink 1-2 cups of coffee and maybe a coke for lunch and tea for dinner. Just don't start chuggin' a 2 liter a day!
    danmck1120

Answer by danmck1120 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Just don't drink soda at all. There are other healthy things to help with the nausea.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 10:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Decaf pepsi is fine.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• You are not an invalid with a dangerous disease! You are pregnant. Don't do things that can hurt your baby, and all other things in moceration. A couple glasses of even regular pepsi won't hurt you or your baby, just don't drink 5 or 6 in a day, or do it every day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Pepsi isn't going to harm you or the baby. I swear ppl take some things to seriously. When i was pregnant w/ y 2nd daughter i craved pepsi all the time. I had 1 cup a day. It was like my little treat. She is fine, she wasn't underweight and we are all fine..lol
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 12:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I drink 1 can a day of coke that is caffeine free. Just watch your intake. :)
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2010