When should a mom stop dressing trendy?

Is there an age???
When should you stop wearing the latest fashion craze or pack up the low rise jeans for "mom jeans"?
I like to wear bright cute and girly stuff. I still shop in the junior section. I've tried to shop in the womens section but everything seems so dull.
No I don't dress like a slut either I draw a line between classy and trashy.
So what do you other moms think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'll let you know when I get there.  I'm only 46 now. 

I think the only rule should be dress appropriately for your body type.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• i guess whenever you want. I like to dress more like a classy mom than a high school art student
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• No age limit - I think you should always be stylish, if that's your thing. You can usually find cute, age-appropriate things online if you can't find them on the racks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Never. My mom usually yells at me when she sees me wearing a black jacket on top of a sexy dress or top at our family parties. She is 78! I also feel like you when it comes to shopping in misses section. It is either for business or for a formal event or just so muu muu looking or pregnant looking that my mom will tell me not to wear that boring stuff. LOL.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I think that Trendy is fine! even into your middle ages! you really just have to try to make it classy and not look like you are heading off to the club or out to the mall with your favorite group or 18 yr olds! Tyra banks isnt exactly a 20 yr old and she dresses trendy and classy! so do many other celebs
    danmck1120

Answer by danmck1120 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I think you should wear it as long as you feel and look fairly young. I know how you mean though....I'm not even 25...i'm pregnant with #4 and I dont' feel old.....
    Like you said though, there is a difference between trashy and classy...and as mothers we should dress how we'd want our kids to dress. Appropriately.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• you can wear a t shirt and jeans and with simple jewelry make it look classy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• that's why I started sewing- I'm a plus size myself and everything was so dull-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• If you can pull it off without looking like a 25+ yr old trying to look like a 15 yr old....Go for it!!

But when you are in your late 40s and you are trying to hold on to your teens....STOP! It "ain't pretty".
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I think it really depends on what exactly the trend you're wearing is. There are times I see a woman and I think, she's way too old to be wearing that outfit. And she isn't dressed slutty, either. Just young. I think it makes her look foolish.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2010