How can I get sharpie off a 3 year olds skin?

My son was, to my knowledge watching TV laying down in his sister's bed. I went about my house hold chores thinking he was fine and when I went to check on him he had colored his hand in with sharpie. He now has one black hand and a few doodles on his legs. Is there anyway to get this sharpie off him. I know if I mark on me it can take a day or two to come off just with regular washing. This is a completely colored in hand.

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would plop him in the bath and let him play. After a while take him out and use a baby wipe on his skin. It should wipe off pretty easily.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have NO idea. I just let my kids walk around with colored body parts untill it wore off lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• What sleepinge says!
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 10:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I've used rubbing alcohol and baby oil. it helps wonders
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 11:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• My daughter who is 2 1/2 almost 3 just did this to herself and her baby brother.... great huh?...
    A little bit of it comes off initially with a baby white or soap and water and scrubbing with a cloth....but day after day it fades more and more. I just keep her in pants! lol
    As for my walls, that's another story... :( I'm going to have to paint again....sigh.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I've used a baby wipe when my daughter got in my sharpies.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Well he just got out of the tub. It hasn't come off his finger nails at all even with me rubbing it with a face cloth. It has faded every where else except his belly button. I guess I'm just going to have to wait now for the rest to come off.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• i have heard that alcohol works, like nik said.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2010