could sort of i be the opposite of an anorexic?

From what i understand, people who suffer from anorexia always see themselves as 'big', or 'fat'; therefore always trying to lose weight that they don't really have.

No one ever takes me seriously (and honestly i don't really mind), but I'm actually a bit of a glutton (after i'm full i still eat-I LOVE FOOD=). I've always had a high metabolism, so i've always been skinny. I love to work out (so i don't look as sickly).

Part of me always see myself as too thin and needing to gain more weight. i'm 5'5" at 105-110llb. After i gave birth to my DD, i looked normal. I actually wanted to keep my baby weight cuz i looked "average"-like everyone else. But then my metabolism took over and i'm back to my normal scrawny self. I work out to get toned/muscly (not 'manly' muscle, but enough to gain some weight [muscle heavier than fat]).

The other part of me sees the humor in my situation. Being the opposite of nearly everyone else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• **let me just add. i'm too tall to fit a small.. and too flat to fill out a medium or a large. of anything. XD i'm a flat. i have the body of a 12 year old.

Questionasker person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• No, you are just a person with a high metabolism. It may slow as you age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I wish I had your metabolism! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• LUCKY LOL ....
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• LOL. i guess a lot of people would. i don't mind it myself. cuz i love food so much..

but it's my body i hate sometimes. =( doing me must be like having sex with a wire hanger. LMAO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• BTW YOU COULD BE OPPOSITE OF ANOREXIC BUT SINCE YOU DONT REALLY GAIN WEIGHT AND YOUR NOT OBESE ITS WOULD BE KINDA WEIRD ! LOL MY FRIEND IS 21 AND SHE WEIGHTS 90 POUNDS AND SHE WORKS OUT AND PEOPLE THINKS SHE'S CRAZY BUT SHE DOES IT TO TONE EVERYTHING...SHE HAS HIGH METABOLISM AND SHE JUST GOT HER GALLBLADDER REMOVED ! SO SHE'S NOT GAINING WEIGHT NE TIME SOON!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• OMG WIRE HANGER? LOL
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I know how you feel!! I was so happy after I was pregnant because I had meat on me, I looked niced and filled out. I even had a butt! Then my metabolism took over and pptthh back to skinny me. I try everything to gain weight but other than getting knocked up (and I'm NOT doing that again lol) nothing works. I've even tracked my calories and was on a 2300cal/day 'diet" and still no weight gain. It's crazy.

BTW I'm 5ft and 92lbs.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 5:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• there isn't much out there for people who need help gaining weight- i do add more calories to my diet. + drink ensure plus/muscle milk along with my meals for added protein.

nearly all of the u.s. population is focused on getting thin, or getting muscular. so you're not going to find much of anything on just flat out gaining weight. like i said before, sometimes i just see the humor in my situation because...

heavy set people want to lose weight. skinny people want to gain weight. some skinny people have a bit of a problem and think they need to lose even more weight. some "heavier' people (forgive my lack of better words) can't help but eat.

even 'average' people think they're fat when they look just fine imo.

hardly anyone is really ever happy with herself/himself. i guess sometimes i have to realize that day-to-day just to get over my supposed shortcomings and be happy with it. =\

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2010