why the misunderstandings of "i love you"

why do teen boys think that when a girl says it that it means "i want to have sex with you" and when a teen boy says it to a girl she thinks it means "i want to marry you, have kids with you and spend the rest of my life with you"

why do you think teens think this way and what can we do to change this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• It's not just teens, adults do it too. It's, imo, just the way men and women think. We're raised to think that way, and I think to a degree, you're kind of born to think that way.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I think this could be changed the day that men and women look at the world the same - never happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Um you can't change it. It's called immaturity. Teens (hopefully) learn and grow through trial and error, heart breaks and bliss. It's part of the growing process and has been around since man started walking on two legs
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Boys and men think WAY differently, they are practical thinkers, where as girls and women are emotional thinkers. And boys and men think about sex alot..... SO yep I love you leads to I want to sleep with you, pass the duck tape.
    Anonymous

• Now it seems that when they refer to 'talking to eachother' that means sex.

Anyway, I don't understand it either...
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Here is the answer to that problem: Don't have sex unless you are married to a nice guy!!!!! SAve it...don't give it away.
    Anonymous