Can I get pictures printed of my son nursing ?

It isn't indecent in any way, but I've heard of people getting investigated for naked baby/toddler pictures so now I won't have naked baby photos printed other than professional photos at a photographers -- I've just printed them (crappily lol) at home.. I want better pictures than that but I'm scared.

I mean, if it showed me using a bottle or likely nursing a brand new newborn that wouldn't be given a second look.. but he's an older baby in the photos (looks 11-12 months in his photos but is actually 9 months in the photos) and is nursing and smiling and I'm smiling.

I just am concerned someone might flag it as innappropriate at Walgreens or CVS and get me investigated or something.

I'd really like to have them printed but I am a little paranoid.. do you think I should be worried or just go ahead and do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• You know, I dunno. To me, Naked Baby pics are the best. What is more sweet than a baby's bum! I mean it's not like your nipple is showing, since your son is latched on to it. I have a pic of my daughter nursing right after birth, and that was developed at a store. I shouldn't think it would be a problem
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I'd go ahead and try it. But I'm not usually worried about these things either. If you feel uncomfortable, then probably you shouldn't do it.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Zakysmommy , I read a post in here about this woman having naked toddler (like 1 y/o) photos and the store reported her and social services actually investigated it!!

It made me paranoid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I say go for it. Who cares if they investegate? You were feeding a baby the natural way. People need to get over being offended at breastfeeding. Geez. I have pics of my son nursing and of him on his belly in the tub. Clear naked booty pics. I didn't care. I also snapped a pic once when we were at a friends house and swimming and both boys dropped their shorts to pee on the lawn. Yep, I got them printed at Wal-Mart.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I say do it. If some stupid store employee reports you, all you have to say is "I'm feeding my baby you idiot!"LOL even if you did get investigated, what could they possibly find to get you in trouble? I understand what you mean about being freaked out though. Once we took a pic of my niece when she was about to get in the tub. She had already taken off her clothes when she found my moms glasses, put them on and started dancing. She looked so funny, we snapped a pic. When we went to pick them up, the clerk informed us she could have reported the pics, but she would give us a "warning" this time! She said if the person was over age 18, it wouldn't be a problem. I thought that would be more disturbing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't have a problem being investigated.. it's the thought of them -taking my kid- while they investigate like they did in the other case.. He's still a very clingy nursing toddler and it would be devastating to be separated from him !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Develop them at Wal Mart. I guarantee the employees there would be too lazy to care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Is OK! One thing is "Graphic Content" and another different thing is Baby's pictures and mom nursing. I don't see the problem.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 11:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Answered at 11:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 by: Anonymous
    Develop them at Wal Mart. I guarantee the employees there would be too lazy to care.

Grow up. Walmart doesn't imply lazy people.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• No, seriously, I had a photo of my dd at like 6 weeks old, giving her a bath, and Costco wouldn't print the photo because it was "indecent". Granted, I wasn't investigated or anything, but it is just the point..

But as far as nursing, screw that! Print the photo, what are they going to do, tell you you're a bad mom because you're feeding your kid? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2010