Is it weird that I'm still not comfortable flatulating or going number 2 when my husband is around, even after nearly 14 years?

I know he knows that bm's and gas is just a part of life. I swear I'm not a troll. It's just an embarassing bodily function and I want to be as lady like to him as possible! He thinks it's strange that I still act funny and make him wait outside the bathroom when I'm doing the doo. His argument is he saw me deficate as I pushed our children out, so there is NOTHING left to be embarassed about!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it is weirder that you are using terms like flatulate and deficate. LOL! Just teasing you....
    I think it is important not to let our husbands see or know too much. Lets be honest, would you want to watch DH poop and then try to get fresh in the bedroom? No, its a turn off.
    Good for you. I feel the same way.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• IM JUST LIKE YOU , WHEN I FIRST MOVED IN WITH DH I USED TO GO TO THE NEIGHBORS (GOOD FRIEND WITH AN OUTSIDE TOILET,LIKE OFF THERE GARAGE ) TO GO ,OR I WOULD WAIT TILL I WAS GOING TO TAKE A SHOWER AND LET THE WATER RUN WHILE I WENT ,WE LIVED IN A REALLY SMALL TRAILER WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE! SO I WAS NERVOUS SOMEBODY WOULD JUST WALK IN ON ME OR HEAR ME OR SOMETHING! I CANT REALLY GO IN FRONT OF ANYBODY ! I KNOW ITS NORMAL BUT I FEEL THE SAME WAY I LIKE TO STILL BE LADY LIKE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• OP here! Glad to know that I'm not alone. Usually when he tries to follow me into the bathroom, it is because he has to pee, or wants to sit on the edge of the tub and chat. BABY! Can't this wait until I'm done moving my bowels??? LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• we were doing that in front of each other before we got married. I would hate to feel like i could not FART in front of my dh
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• No you are not the only one. The only time I even peed in front of my SO was when I was in labor and he had to hold me up on the toilet so I wouldn't fall off! There I was in pain trying to pee and my only thought was "Is this grossing him out?" Yea pretty dumb at the time!
    Anonymous

• what other dirty little secrets to you keep?
    Anonymous

• I just go i dont care if he knows or not lol he knows i do it anyways. you know sometimes it smells lol haha
    Anonymous

• its not weird, im exactly the same, i tell him im a lady and i do my business in private. its nothing to be ashamed of but i feel more comfortable doing it without an audience. i dont even pee infront of him, and he was there when the baby was born but didnt see him come out, birth is not a pretty thing, blood ur vagina opening, that white stuff all over the baby, placenta. i didnt want to get grossed out, my brother seen his baby being born and couldnt have sex with his babys mom after that and left her. his new girlfriend just had there baby but it was by c-section so hes still with her lol.
    Anonymous

• Farting is one thing, pooping is another! Neither one of us would be comfy doing that in front of each other. I am sure he knows when I am going cuz it's the only time I lock the door. We both pee in front of each other-no biggie. We have been together 10 years this year and ya he's seen me do every embarassing thing there is but I think it's just a matter of personal preference. If a couple is ok with pooping in front of each other, then good for them. But definately not me!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• My SO used to make me leave the house when he had to go, lol. I have a weird fear of going at home, I can only go in public restrooms. Weird, I know.
    Anonymous