Death Threats?

So, you don't agree with politicians, you threaten their lives as well as anyone associated with them?

Senator Jim Bunning has been subjected to bomb threats and now death threats.

Meanwhile, Capitol Police are investigating numerous threats that have come into Bunning’s office over the past several days in response to his filibuster, sources familiar with the situation said.

A Bunning aide confirmed late Tuesday night that the office had received a number of complaints via phone, fax and e-mail, and that they had been forwarded on to Capitol Police for investigation. “There have been some threats. We take all threats seriously, and we’ve been reporting them to the authorities,” the aide said.

A second source familiar with the situation said Bunning had received a number of death threats.
http://www.rollcall.com/news/43771-1.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, maybe these people are just warning him that they take the second amendment seriously?
    IDK, personally, I think death threats are useless and the wrong way to bring about change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Death threats are a symptom of the animalistic,amoral people in the USA who think they can get what they want with threats and violence. I am getting so discouraged with people.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Our president gets what he wants with bribes.That isn't moral either.ESP when Americans do not want what he is pushing.

Anyway,I can see folks being angry/upset but death threats not the way to go at all.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• America is a great country but it sure has a lot of mixed nuts out there. I have seen far to many carryed out or attemted to in my life time.

RWR, RFK, MLK, JFK and HST

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I guess the message is, "Don't mess with people's entitlements."

Wonder what people would/will do when funding for the healthcare benefits is held up?
    360

Answer by 360 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Death threats are stupid! Yet those who sentthem will likely face hefty fines and jail time, and NOOOOOO politician is worth giving up your freedom/life for!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2010