what did you do with your wedding dress?

i never understood why people sold off their wedding dresses, but now i'm kinda thinking about doing it. i mean, i have my wedding pictures to look back at, and all the dress does is sit in the closet..what did you ladies do with your wedding dress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine is still in the closet. I wanted to get rid of if but my mom lost her freaking mind over it, so I figure I'll do something on the sly eventually.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 11:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I want to get my dress cleaned and professionally preserved. I hope that my daughter will use it somehow someday, even if it's just taking some of the beading and putting it on the train of her new dress.
    winterrose82

Answer by winterrose82 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• My wedding dress was made by my mother, little details like hand sewn pearls were all over my dress, it was beautiful and unique made with loving hands for my special day, but I had to sell it while I was in school so we could eat! I have regretted it ever since. But I didn't have much of a choice back then, so if you can keep it for your next generation do so.

Answer by older at 11:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I wore my great grandmothers dress, she got married in 1905, it went back into my mom's closet. After she passed away I think it went to her sister.
    For the second marriage, we had next to nothing for cash, so we just wore some of our nicer things. It was a back yard wedding and it never made sense to spend a fortune on something I'd only wear for an hour or so. I wore a med blue sleeveless blouse with a long black skirt, he wore a black tank top and jeans.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I didn't have a traditional gown. The dress I wore at my wedding was something I picked up to wear to a cousin's wedding years before. It was navy blue and knee length. I've since put it in a box for the Salvation Army. I haven't worn it since the day I got married (Jan. 7, 2000) and it doesn't even fit anymore since I've had 4 kids since then.
    I did graduate high school in a floor length white formal dress that my mom made for me. She kept it and it's in a box in the kids' closet upstairs. I haven't touched it since graduation in 1995 and it also doesn't fit me since having kids. I have no use for it and it's out of style but since my mom made it and has since died I won't ever get rid of it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I went in front of a judge and was pregnant at the time so I wore a green maternity dress. I don't have it anymore. My ex lost the house after our divorce and told me 12 hours before they were going to lock up the house if I needed to get anything I better get it now. I didn't like it much anyways so it really doesn't bother me. My mother still has her wedding dress tho.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 12:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I actually was thinking about this today. I tried to sell it a while ago, and had no catches on it. It's a beautiful dress....i'm just not sentimental like that. I'M NEVER GOING TO WEAR IT AGAIN! Like you said, I have pictures to look back on. If I ever got married again i'd never wear the same dress.....and if I never do...it will always just be sitting there collecting dust!
    So...hopefully I can sell it to someone so I can get back a little money for it and buy something i'll use! :)
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• burned it.
    Anonymous

• preserved in a box and in a storage unit or at my parent's house somewhere. I have my huge slip and bra, but somehow, the dress didn't make the move.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• It's been hanging in my closet for almost 22 years.  I can't bear to part with it, so maybe one of my girls will want to wear it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2010