sesame street moms

I was so mad today my one year old was watching sesame street.It is the ONLY show we allow him to watch. It was about birthdays and I actually had to turn it off because elmo kept saying Birfday .it drove me bat crazy did anyone else see it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• so if your child is around another child with a speech impediment, are you going to take him away?
    Anonymous

• its puppet it does not have speech impediment. your comparing apples and oranges
    Anonymous

• Wow, he can ONLY watch Sesame Street. And you turned it off because you didn't like hearing birfday? Who cares? Just because Elmo says it that way doesn't mean your son will. Geez.
    Anonymous

• * its a puppet it does not have a speech impediment
    Anonymous

• Of course he's a puppet, but Elmo does have a speech impediment. He was created that way. It's how he talks.

if you want your child to only learn "correct things" put the TV on the Discovery channel or something.

Anonymous

• my son is in there watching it right now...we love Elmo
    Anonymous

• Hmmm.. My 3 year old LOVES watching elmo.... And she speaks extremely well she is actually advanced. I really don't think Elmo will corrupt your sons speech. At least not an hour a day of it especially if you are speaking to him often and teaching him how words are said.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Elmo is a puppet who is 3 yrs old. I think you are making a big deal out of nothing.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 2:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2010