Pooping in Pullups in public

How many parents let their kids poop in a diaper or pullup while out running errands or on a road trip? How do you check to see if they had pooped their diapers/pullups?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you're trying to potty train by using Pullups, encouraging your child to poop in the Pullup is counterproductive. If you knew you were not going to have an opportunity to take your child to the potty, why not put him in regular diapers to reduce confusion and save money (Pullups are more expensive)? Not to mention pulling poops down their legs rather than simply unfastening a diaper is much nastier and more difficult to deal with in public. As for how often do I check my child for poop...well, a diaper should be changed about every 2 hours anyway, but if my son poops I know it...it smells.

I do not use Pullups because personally I think they feel too much like disposable diapers. When we are working on PL, I have my son in underwear, and when I know we will not have an opportunity to hit the potty in time, I put him in a diaper.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 1:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2010