Do you dress your kids to go to daycare/babysitter?

I dress my 10 month old every morning to go to her in home daycare provider, I am always surprised the the other kids show up in their jammies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My DD is ALWAYS dressed. It is not my DCP's job to get her dressed. That is MY job.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Well my kids go to a daycare center so I have to dress them! But even if they were going to someone's house, I would stil dress them. When I used to babysit, sometimes the kids would come in their jammies if it was really early, and their parent's would pack a change of clothes. One child I sat for would come in her jammies with no clothes to change into!
    Anonymous

• I dress my pumpkin! Though the other kids do show up at the sitters in PJ's - it is just one more thing that the sitter would have to do! I would rather her do something else rather than dressing kids!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I dont take my kids to a sitter but I dress them everyday when they are home with me.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I used to work in a daycare and some of the younger kids (1 year or younger) would come in jammies but not often. I always thought it was more aggravating when the parents would send their kids in with brand new baby Gap and other expensive brands and then get mad if they got paint or mud on their clothes. Send your kids to daycare in play clothes! They're going to get dirty.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:49 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• When my dd was little and went to daycare, I'd keep her in her pj's because she'd just go back to sleep when she got there.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• My aunt has an in home daycare that I sometimes take my kids to....and some of the kids are in their jammies...but it's by their choice....either they didn't want to get dressed, or their parents didn't have enough time to get them dressed. But usually they are pretty comfortable with the in home care provider that it doesn't matter.
    Anonymous

• my daughter goes to my mother in laws house monday through friday and i send her in her play/sh** clothes. Everytime i come to pick her up she has food all over her or shes dirty for whatever reason. When shes with me i dress her very cute and in brand new clothes.I keep her stuff clean. I even send her with her crap socks bcuz even those somehow manage to come back black. I would send her with shoes but eveytime I send her with shoes they always get lost! my dd is 10 months
    Anonymous

• when we go out i dress him, hes 8 months. i try to get him in somethin comfy like stretch pants if he will be goin to daycare or church play group or even if we will just be in and out of the car a ton. i only use nice stuff like jeans and real shoes if we go someplace nice. he kicks them off any way including socks. i used to run an at home daycare, and if the kids would be going back to sleep within an hour or so of arriving, i just changed them when they woke up. they would arrive between 5 and 6 am, poor kiddos! i dont think its a huge issue, some mornings can get hairier than others, and its not really a huge issue. it takes about 5 seconds to swap shirts. whatever is best for the munchkin is what works for me, and if the parents are happy...then im happy too!!
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 2:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Depending what time I dropped them off, sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't. Once in a great while I'd pick them up out of their beds and they'd be at the sitter before they were awake and they'd have breakfast & everything there.
    Anonymous