I got a job interview! Any advice?

I know to send a thank you note after. Anything else??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YAY! Dress nicer than you think you should. Good luck!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I agree with the dress but also be yourself. When I interviewed I was real relaxed and at that time they were going through a placement agency and asked them why and suggested more efficiant and less costly ways to find a canidate. That right there showed them I was interested in saving them money.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 1:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• believe in yourself. dress nice. they say wait 5 seconds before answering all questions so when you dont immediately know an answer... it isnt obviously different than your other answers. they say to minic the body language of the person you talk to . speak clearly and with good grammar. talk about your children if you can... it might endear you to them. best of luck!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Gear your attitude toward the position and speak like you have it. If it's office work, "I would use my time efficiently, mulit task and be able to crank out your proposals at one time." If it's at Funland, "I love kids and have high energy, although I am responsible, I can relate well to the youth!"
    You are a fast learner, you "can" do it if you don't know, you'll learn how. You're detail oriented, a team player, accurate and then have ____, _____, skills. Good luck. Have a resume and references, be professional.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Be prepared with great questions about the company, position, management, etc. Do your research, so you will be able to tailor your answers to the company and position. Don't forget to bring two fresh copies of your resume, and a pen and notepad. Check your Linkedin network for contacts at the company (inside scoop is always best).

Good luck, and feel free to ask me any questions offlist (I do career and jobsearch coaching).

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2010