Have you ever tried a recipe from a cookbook only to get a bum no good recipe?

Last nite I tried a recipe I thought sounded good but then ended up looking like barf on chicken it also kinda had that sour after taste as well LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I very rarely use a cook book. My husband swears by them. He has a lot of times something sounds good and it ends up not so yummy.
    Anonymous

• I baked a cookie recipe from a basic cookbook years ago. The recipe did not have enough moisture in it to make the mixture into a cookie dough. I had to add a good amount of milk to make the mixture bind together. I studied other cookie recipes and confirmed that they had more liquid from some source in them- more shortening, or something to make the dry ingredients hold together so the cookie could be spooned or formed. So I even wrote to the company and told them of my findings. Their response was that they tried out all recipes and that it was fine. But I had tried it very carefully several times and it wasn't.

Answer by Bmat at 1:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Yes. Usually they turn out good, but every now and then, not so much.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• That's why I prefer allrecipes - I check out the reviews before trying anything! I don't use my cookbooks!
    Anonymous

• I'm a good enough cook to be able to look at a recipe and know if it will work or not. We know what we like, so I tweek. I take out what we don't like and add what we do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Mar. 5, 2010