tuna

can you eat tuna while pregnant ( the tuna in a can) im having a craving for it but have heard that you cant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• k thank you i read on here alot saying you cant have that and deli meat and that the 2 thing i crave lol thank you
    Anonymous

• You can have 1-2 servings of Chunk Light Tuna but NOT Albacore tuna.

Albacore is higher in Mercury levels and is not considered safe but canned chunk light is fine.

My doctor told me this and I ate 2 servings a week almost every week of my pregnancy because I craved tuna sandwhiches.
    Anonymous

• You can have deli meat too! You just have to steam it in the microwave or on the stove first. There is a bacteria in it that is safe for non pregnant people because our amune systems are higher when we are not pregnant but during pregnancy it can cause a very severe infection resulting in the death of the baby.

A lot women on here ignore this one but PLEASE don't. A women I knew from work lost her baby at 5 months along from developing the infection after eating a bologna sandwhich.
    Anonymous

• mm tuna salad sandwich with melted cheese mmm tuna melts are awesome
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Yes you can, just not too much, and not albacore. 1-2 servings a week is safe.
    Anonymous