five years no ring no kids is it time to move on?

we both live at his mom's house and ive been telling him we need our owe place but he doesn't seem like his moving i want a ring but will i ever see it? should i leave and move on? are things between us getting old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• If you're not happy with how things are, then change things. If he doesn't want to change with you, do it alone.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Five years, no kids, and he don't want to move out of mom's house? Yeah. It's time to move on. Tell him you're not going to wait forever for him to grow the hell up.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 1:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Doesn't sound like it's going to happen sweetie. Especially living with his MOM! Sounds like he has no motivation. Move on, he's a loser!
    Anonymous

• wait are you living with Frak the Entretainer?
    Anonymous

• I think I would move on. He sounds like the kind of guy who would want you to do everything for him. Like if you found a way to go out and get a house he would go but otherwise he is content to let you and mommy take care of him. Does he work? If not, I couldn't be with a guy like that. No respect for a man who doesnt' work.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I wouldnt push the subject. I'd just leave. Seriously. My Ex & I were together for 2 yrs. No moves or talk on his part about marriage or kids. Finally I sat him down & said "Look, its been 2 years. If you dont want to marry me or have kids then I am out of here because that is what I want for my life." well, stupid me! He said "Lets make babies!"..he threw out my BC pills that day. We actually got married 2 mo. later & then I got preg. a month after we married. And THEN after the baby it started.him complaining about how his life was over & how he could be doing A, B, & C if it werent for me & the baby. How we were holding him back..blah blah blah. I put up with his stupidity for 10 yrs & finally left. If I had just saw the clear sign that was right there..he didnt really want to get married & have kids or he would have asked me on his own w/out me putting out an ultimatum. Lesson learned; always listen to the little voice
    Anonymous

• Give anon :28 best answer and listen to her voice of experience!!!!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 1:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I agree with anon at :28 too.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I can agree, somewhat. But I chased my DH for 4 years. We discussed our goals in the beginning, and when I said, "I want to get married and have kids...blah blah." he said, "Well, I'm not sure guys like me should get married." and I told him, "You'll either change your mind, or I'll get tired of waiting."

Well, 4 years out, I got tired of waiting. I just told him I needed more out of life, things he wasn't giving me, and I left. I wasn't gone 8 days and he was crazy-calling me trying to get me to come home. I gave him 3 mos as a test of his commitment. It didn't take 3 days to get his head straight, and he's been that committed since.

I got pregnant with our DS in July, married in Oct, and DS will be one this coming April.

It CAN work out that way, if the Lord has laid the cards out that way for you!

BTW, IMOO, I don't think that 2 years was long enough for me to get to know my DH as well as i needed to to marry.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• i think it also depends on how old you are. I mean, i've met couples, who's been together since they were 14, and lets say thats you guys.. you'd ONLY be 19 right now. Some people dont want to settle down this fast. If I knew your age, then I could say more...
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 3:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2010