gestational development

my friend who is in her 39 th week of pregnancy now showed a lag of 10 days in fetal development during her 38week sonography.
should she be concerned. ive read that 2 weeks here or there is normal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ultra sounds can be off by up to 2 weeks and the farther along you are the less acurate you are.

Also a due date is just a guess. You can actually be due any time between 37 and 42 weeks so even if her baby isn't measuring 39 weeks (which we can't know until the baby is actually born) that doesn't mean anything is wrong. It just means her baby may take a little longer to get here. Maybe she'll have a 41 or 42 weeks baby instead.
    Anonymous

• As the above person said, they are less accurate the further along you are. I had a lot of ultrasounds with 2 of my babies (had low fluid & they were considered IUGR). They estimated my last baby (who was born at 35 wks) was going to be under 4 lbs. She was 5 lb 7 oz. My other one was estimated at about 4 lb. & he was 6 lb 6 oz.! Way off!
    Anonymous