Another gay bashing senator caught with a man why do they do this?

Early Wednesday morning, State Sen. Roy Ashburn (R-Calif.) was pulled over and arrested for drunk driving. Sources report that Ashburn -- a fierce opponent of gay rights -- was driving drunk after leaving a gay nightclub; when the officer stopped the state-issued vehicle, there was an unidentified man in the passenger seat of the car.

Ashburn has issued an apology for the incident:

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me - my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because they are human??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• He didn't kill anyone and he actually wasn't caught in a compromising postion, just doing something stupid. You don't know that he was doing anything "gay".
    Anonymous

• Wow, now any man who drives in a car with another man is now GAY? Thanks for the heads-up. *sarcasm*

We should all be more concerned because he was DRUNK. GAY has nothing to do with his arrest.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Because they are hyprocrates, I have always said that the more gay bashing they do the more I think there is that part of them that identify with being gay.

Answer by older at 1:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Anonymous

• I have always said that the more gay bashing they do the more I think there is that part of them that identify with being gay.

Studies have shown that to be true.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Why did you chose this story rather than this one?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/33864.html
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Stupidity it's as simple as that.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Look he probably is gay, it wouldn't surprise but this isn't proof I don't really think. People do this and it's just sad. He cannot be who he is.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• If he is gay and was getting it on then it would seem to me he can be who he is lol
    Anonymous