My dad's wife is pressuring him into having another baby...What's your opinion?

My dad's wife just had a baby 6 weeks ago and she's pressuring my dad to have another one right away but this was my dad's 6th kid and he doesn't want anymore.

He's 45, she's 34 and doesn't want to be a senior still raising babies. Plus men in his family don't usually live past 65 unfortunantly. What can he say to her to make her understand?

I don't really know what to tell him because on one hand I know it would hard for me if I wanted another baby and DH didn't but at the same time I completely understand where my dad is coming from.

Plus the fact that she's REALLY pressuring him bothers me a little.

I was hoping to get an outsiders view on this because I feel like I'm to close to the situation to offer either one of them the advice they seem to be seeking from me.

What should he say to her? What should she say to him? What's your opinion on this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd say he's a big boy, he's really got to figure this one out on his own. And you need to stay out of this; it should be between him and his wife.
    Anonymous

• its really not your place. not bashing but that is really between the two of them.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Well THEY are the ones asking MY advise.

My family is very close and we talk to each other about everything. That's why I don't know what to tell them because I want them both to be happy.

My step mom sees this baby with pretty blonde curly hair whom she loves and has enjoyed so much and she just can't wait to have another.

My dad thinks about the long haul.

I don't know...I was thinking of suggest a couseler to help them figure this out.
    Anonymous

• I would tell her to WAIT until this child is a year old and then reconsider. Your Dad should just say no. She shouldn't force another if it's not at all what he wants. Tell him to protect himself if she can't be trusted.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I agree with jeanclaudia THEY asked YOUR opinion tell them the way YOU feel!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2010