Help with toothache

I' m in the worse pain of my life. I got prescribed vicoden for the pain while waiting to get it pulled but that didn't help. I've tried garlic, vanilla extract, peroxide, salt water nothing is working, I feel so bad for my son because I'm in so much pain I just cant deal with him.

snjbjac

Asked by snjbjac at 2:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Health

• Short of the tooth coming out...nothing will help. I assure you. Antibiotics helped before my root canal. But, NOTHING else helped. I tried it all too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I know exactly how you feel! I'm sorry you're in pain. Antibiotics are the only thing that helped mine, too. Sometimes I'll get a revisit of the pain and the only thing that helps is swishing cool water around in my mouth...
    Anonymous

• get a heating pad and set it to the lowest setting. place it on your jaw where the pain is and let it sit there for a while. don't burn yourself. do not drink or eat anything cold. heat drows the soreness out. go to a quiet room if you can and relax.
    Anonymous

• when i had a bad tooth ach someone told me to swish my mouth with vodka dont swallow it just swish it numbs your mouth and eases the pain for a while
    Anonymous

• I have been going threw the same thing...IT"S NO FUN!! One thing that somebody told me and it seemed to help a little is get one of your pain pills, cut a chip off, crush it real good, then put it in your cavity. I no it sounds nasty but it relives it, promise.
    anouther thing that may help u...get a rag, get it wet, put in the microwave till it's warm..but not hot. Than put up agaisnt cheek that is having the tooth ache.
    goodluck...I hope you feel better.
    proud_mom21

Answer by proud_mom21 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2010