Did you ever talk with a muslim girl? why?

most of girl on my age and younger don't talk with girls like me, because they think that we are not nice people, or because we won't respond to them. but people never realize that when they are doing this they are rejecting us just because we look like different and have a different religion. before i married i use to have only one or 2 friends at school, because other student use to make fun of me, they use to call me bombist girl or virgin or allah wife, and even worst name's i always pretend that this things don't affect me but they really do. And other girls on my class didn't talk with me, maybe because they don't want to that other could reject them because they talk with me.
i think that the Tv made a bad image of what muslim's are, it's not fair. yes exist bombist but in every where exist people that want to kill other , so in very race or religion exist bad and good people.
are you afraid of muslim?

betinha

Asked by betinha at 2:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I have talked to plenty. Just random out in public. I am like that. I don't care what religion or color or anything you are. If you were sitting beside me somewhere, I would probably talk to you enough that you would wish I didn't. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have plenty of times and they have either been family friends, family, or however else. i have never really asked what someones religious faith was so I couldnt give a number or anything cause if someone is muslim, practices buddhism, christian, hindu, i wouldnt know cause im not concerned.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I am sorry that ppl have treated you in such a manner... and yes I have spoken with on many occasions to Muslims...
    Ppl tend to believe everything they read and hear of another sec of ppl/culture/race before actually sitting down and learning
    about them and their ways...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry people were like that to you.
    I would talk to anyone who wanted to talk to me.
    I certainly am not angry towards Muslims, but sometimes I feel like they might judge me or my lifestyle, so I might be nervous around them.
    Anonymous

• I try to stay very open. I made friends with a muslim from Saudi Arabia on MSN messenger in 1999. In 2002, a simple email to him became a huge ordeal. He said even I had changed. And yes, I knew right away what he was referring to, but I didn't want to admit I felt different. I tried everything I could to put any kind of bias aside, but media does terrible things, even if you don't mean to let it.

I have a muslim friend from high school named Mina Al-Shawish. I love that girl to death, and there's no way I'd rather have her as a friend!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I would never be rude to someone else for no good reason, but I would be uncomfortable if you were wearing a birka
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I don't know any Muslim girls...I guess there aren't any in my town, but I generally talk to everyone. I am sorry you have been treated so badly. That must be very difficult. Everyone isn't like that, though. There are lots of good people out there who don't judge people by their religion or race or differences. :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I think you are right - the media has made Muslims more of a target because of the events of the past 10 years and the reaction of some of the general public which can range from ignorance to fear of a culture that was unknown to them before that. I live in a big city where there is a lot of diversity with people of all cultures and walks of life. We have many Muslims working in in our office and everyone treats them no different from anyone else. I am not afraid in any way of Muslims or any people of a particular culture. I'm sorry you've had to experience this in a country that is founded on the principal of tolerance and acceptance.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have just become friend with a muslim girl ... She is an amazing, wonderful, smart, brave woman. We would never have been friends normally. And, if she was sitting next to me on the bus, wearing her head-covering, I would probably not even talk to her because I would think she didnt want to talk to me.....And, I would have missed out on getting to know such a great girl. ~ Shame on me!!! (**wink**)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• i dont think of that when I talk to people, no matter what they look like, how they dress. I see people as people not where are they from or what their religon is. Now it's depending on how they act is depending if I want to talk to them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 4, 2010