Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have knowledge about car insurance?

My daughter's car was damaged while parked at a friends house. The car is less than 6 months old and doesn't even have 10k miles on it. The insurance company, of the person who hit her, said they won't pay for new Honda car parts, they will only pay to have "after market" or "salvaged" parts installed. Can they do that?

Answer Question

Asked by Dyndudes at 2:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 11 (626 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You need to go thru your insursance company and then they will deal with the other company. At least that's how I've always had to do it.

    Answer by Morgain at 2:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

  • Morgain is right, have YOUR insurance company contact them.

    Answer by customcat2000 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

  • Let the agents duke it out. =]

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.