Does anyone else NOT have a cell phone?

I used to have one, we dropped the cell phones to save some money, and now I LOVE not having one! However, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one living in the long ago home-phone-only age. And people give me weird looks when I tell them "Oh, I don't have a cell phone."

Just wondering if there's anyone else like me out there :)

StellarJKD

Asked by StellarJKD at 2:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ya we did for a while but then got a minimum phone to share between me and hubby since usually only one of us goes out at a time or we r out together (it just makes me too nervous not to have a cell in the middle of winter in case of an accident or stranded with little ones) but ya it's weird to ppl now. we got looked at weird too when we dropped ours but land lines are much cheaper!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 3:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I'd like to think I could get by w/o one, but I get lost too often and need to call my husband so I can find my way back home. Yes, I have a GPS, but what can I say? We did downgrade to prepaid though and I give that number out to very few people. I'm so glad to be out of the high priced fancy pants contract phones.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I don't have one. Odds are, if you need one in case of emergency when you're out and about, someone around you will have one. We managed to survive without cell phones before they became easily available and we'll survive without them now.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• While dh was deployed we couldn't afford one. I loved it!!! Only problem was if the car broke down I'd be in trouble. We have them now that he's home so we can comunicate anytime.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I only have a Tracfone in my car's glove compartment thingy in case I have an emergency. But I haven't used it.LOL. I figure my home phone is a good thing . I really don't know why people have a cell phone attached to their ear all the time,everywhere.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• No just the opposite actually. I had the home phone turned off and only have a cell phone now.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• We just have cell phones and it is cheaper than a home phone. We might have gotten along without them before, but I see a lot less people alone on the side of the road now.
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 4:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I didn't have one for the longest time but just recently got a prepaid one because I drive 60 miles a day for work in an old car and I'm afraid I'll break down in the middle of nowhere. I never use it and have tons of minutes saved up on it. I used to get strange looks all the time when I told people I didn't have one and still do when I tell them I have one but never use it. I just really can't see being tied to a phone all day and night and I really feel like some people just a take it a bit too far with constantly having to be on them at all times. Always checking their texts at the dinner table, talking on them in line. I find it all very rude and annoying but maybe that's just me.
    coppersoul

Answer by coppersoul at 7:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have a tracfone...that i really don't use. I just like having it with me when I'm out in case of an emergency. We used to have just cell phones and we dropped them and got a house phone to save money. I actually like not having one.
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have a pay as you go type a phone, and only gave out the number to my family. I love not being bothered. but i have it just incase
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2010