Can abortion change a woman feelings?

i got myt first and i hope my only abortion when i was only 15... :(
this really make me sad inside, i part of me still sad after that happen, i felt that it was my fault even when a friend say it's not but...
i though that maybe this afect me because i was younger to understand why me ...
every woman change after abortion change about her feeling?
did you ever got trough an abortion? it was complicated?
for me was hard, difficult and i got depression...

betinha

Asked by betinha at 3:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had one before, and for a long time, I was really depressed. I felt pressured to have one because my (now ex) husband and I had just split up, I was a SAHM and had no income. My mom was paying the rent and all the bills, and everyone told me how selfish it would be to bring another baby into such a screwed up life, and that even if I wanted to go the adoption route nothing would get better because no one would hire someone who is pregnant (and I wouldn't lie about, or omit that I was pregnant), and it would be close to a year before I could get a job...blah blah blah. I hated myself for it, and engaged in really self destructive behavior as a result. I finally talked to someone about my feelings, seeked therapy and made peace with it I still think about that baby (he or she would be 4 this year), and have some regret, but overall, I'm better emotionally. Seeking therapy was the best decision.
    Anonymous

• Did you mean abortion or miscarriage? Some of your question leads me to believe you are confusing abortion with miscarriage. If so, then yes I have suffered a miscarriage. I was 18. It was very sad time for me. It took me a while to get past it. I still get sad when I think about it. I also thought maybe it was some fault of mine for a long, long time but now I realize there was not much anyone could have done to prevent it. If you really mean abortion, I have never had one. So I couldn't advise you on that matter, though I am sure there are women out there who have changed their minds afterward, and who have suffered depression because of it. Therapy is the best way to heal from either one. Good luck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2010