how do you feel when your husband is beating you in frint of your child?

well at this moment i have a 1 years old girl named miya and she is too little do understand but many times my husband beat me in front of her.
even she is little to understand i felt so ashamed of myself, and i never though that a baby or teen shoould see her dad beating her mom. i always thinking that i'm a bad mom because of that, i know that it's not my fault but i feel that it's because i couldn't protect me or my daughter...
what is suppost to a woman feel after being beat my her husband in front os her children?

betinha

Asked by betinha at 3:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• OMG! Get out!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• LEAVE HIM!

If your husband respected you or your child he wouldn't beat you. Staying with him right now is showing your daughter that it is ok for a man to beat a woman. He won't stop and the only way you can protect yourself is to leave him. Just think of how you'll feel in the future if you stay and he starts to beat your daughter too.
    Anonymous

• I don't know how that feels but you should probably get ou of that relationship before he decieds it's ok to beat her too and like you said you wouldn't be able to protect her.
    I'm sorry that this happend to you, try to be brave and help yourself and her.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• She should feel scared for her and her child's life and feel a compelling urge to call the police and flee!
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 3:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• ummmm are you kidding me!!!! hes beating you now...how long til he starts on your child?????!!!!!!! then how would you feel!!! get out!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• RUN!! FAST! Get out now! It will NOT get better, it will only get worse.
    Amy_M

Answer by Amy_M at 4:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• my husbands never laid a hand on me. you should defentley leave him. also your daughter may or may not be able to remember that daddy beat mommy. you never know. I rememeber bits and peices of my childhood at age one and two not much but i do remember some. some kids wont but some do. it all depends. if he is beating you, than he will probley do the same with your daughter! you can do much better and theres some else out there that deserves your love!
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• You are teaching her that's normal. In some states they have a Failure to Protect Law that they can use to arrest YOU for not protecting her. He doesn't love you. He disrespects you. He beats you. I'm not bashing, I'm making a point. What would you tell your dd when she calls to say her dh is beating her? Think about that if you need incentive to leave
    Anonymous

• Domestic Violence is a crime. Throw him in jail and press charges!!!!! Then use that time to get you and your child out of there!!!
    He will continue to do that to you, typically things like this only get worse, and eventually he could do it to your daughter, or worse.
    Also, children who grow up seeing abuse, either turn into abusers themselves, or end up in relationships with abusers, statistics show.
    There are women's shelters as well if you need one.
    Just protect yourself and your child!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 4:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• First of all I would never EVER tolerate anyone laying a hand on me, much less in front of my child. Second I would do whatever I could do to protect myself and my child. Its a horrible situation to be in but the sooner you get out the better.
    Anonymous