Question for those who had Natural Births with no medication. How did it feel?

I had two c-sections with both kids. I am now pregnant with baby number three and due in 3 weeks. I wanted to know how it feels to push lol. I know thats a odd question or maybe not. But i dont know what to expect what so ever. I know contractions hurt and people have said a lot that it feels like very very bad period cramps. But i dont know how it feels when the baby crowns and gets pushed out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Right as the baby crowns it burns really bad, but only for a few seconds and pushing pretty much feels like you're pooping. I know it's gross but that's the best way to describe it.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• it feels like you're going poop, that's how you push. Such a relief to push. Have had 4 natural, vaginal births.
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 3:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I guess I was to busying pushing to noticed. With my first I did have the ring of fire. But with my second I did not. Otherwise I don't remember. I just know I felt relief when baby was out.
    Anonymous

• What I remember most is the feeling of having to poop. Any pain I don't really remember.
    Anonymous

• OP Here- TMI question but um does your anus hurt at all while pushing baby out? I know thats a gross question but i seen natural birth videos on youtube and the woman anus looks like its being pushed out too.
    Anonymous

• Hurts like hell especially if the baby is turned the wrong way. That back pain is miserable. I'm glad that labor was short. I had 2 natural births and believe me I was thinking about an epidural during the third but I ended up having an emergency c-cection.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• no you don't even know what is what down there. All you can think about it getting baby out. With my first i got a third degree tear and didn't even feel it. I was the ring of fire I felt. but that is only a couple of seconds.
    Anonymous

• OP here- Thanks ladies, im just very nervous lol
    Anonymous

• Try not to be nervous, it'll make it worse. Don't listen to horror stories! =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• It feels like you poop after a long constipation period, nothing too overwhelming mom a releif of sorts, a piece of cake!!!

Answer by older at 4:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2010