Tattoo question

If you are against tattoos then please don't answer. I would like to get my DH's name tattooed onto me, but I don't know a good place to put it, or how to do it (I want some kind of design too, not just his name). I also don't like the idea of a tattoo that can't be shown off and can't be covered up if needed. Any ideas? Have any of you gotten your DH's name tattooed to you? Did you use a design, or just his name?

jean_marie1987

Asked by jean_marie1987 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I got my kids' father's initials hidden in the wings of a butterfly on my left calf. I suggest doing something vine-y, so that it's not too obvious-maybe going up your leg? That'd be pretty.
    Anonymous

• I already have a tattoo on the outside of my left leg, and one on the inside of my right ankle. so those two places are taken.
    jean_marie1987

Answer by jean_marie1987 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I'm not sure about a design but maybe just getting the initials or his last name on you. That way if, heaven forbid, something happened and you guys split you wouldn't have his name on you for eternity. With the last name you could always say it was for your kids.
    Anonymous

• It would be cool to get it on your lower back, where he can see it during doggy sex. (HOT) Or you could get it done on the back of your neck: "Property Of" style. Or written really nice and smallish on the palm side of your wrist. Just a few options that you don't see all the time. KWIM?
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 3:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have my husbands name wrapped around my ankle.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 3:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• i have my husband's name on the back of my neck, i thought maybe i'd get something with a picture or something but eventually i choose the back of my neck! i have long hair so UNLESS i put it up, you cant see it. i got the letters in a joker style but it is just his name and thats it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have a tattoo on my ankle. It can be covered up and shown off quite easily. However, I'd advise against getting a tattoo of a name.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have 4 tattoos, but I would not advise putting a name on your body.
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 4:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have mine and my exdh's names together with a vine-like design almost embracing one side of them with a small heart and a couple of tiny flowers in the vine. He has the identical one just with our names reversed. We got them after we had been married about 3 years. Unfortunately we divorced 8 years later. We do, however, both still have our tattoos. Even both us us being remarried now. They are a part of our past, a part of who we are and what made us who we are today. (Kind of like photographs) Both of our spouses understand that, otherwise I know I wouldn't be with mine. Accept me for who I am is what I ask for. I would have done the same had the situation been reversed. It's the present and future that matters.
    But back on topic. Our tats are just above our right hip areas and in to the left a little. (almost like the bikini area)
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 4:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have my childs name on my back between my shoulder blades and on my lower back is my DH name in tibal I have 14 tats so there's plenty of room if the few places you said that they will/can put it why don't you talk with the artist and see what he/she has to say.
    Anonymous