CPS question

I live in MI and I'm not getting too much info off of the website. I was just wondering the guidelines/requirements for living standards for kids. How many kids can share a room, what do they have to have in their room, at what age is opposite sex bathing inappropriate, etc. If anyone can help me ASAP, I will be very grateful! Thanks! If you are not comfortable answering here, just leave a note and I will PM you. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I always though once kids got to like age 6 or 7 it was girls in one room boys in another, 2 kids per room. I think they only have to have a bed and thats it. I would think once they start wondering what body parts are what that its time to seperate them in the bath time. Hope this helps.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• if you dont get much answers, there's this chick on my friends list love_2_hate or something like that...she seems to know a lot of questions regarding CPS
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• For your own children in your own home? That's up to you. For foster kids? Call and ask.
    Anonymous

• I'd call the Housing Dept. They would know. You could try the Health Dept but Housing would know for sure.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you just call CPS anon and ask?
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• There's really no law against opposite sex room sharing in privately owned homes in Michigan. It's up to the parent's discretion. Usually the limit on people per bedroom is 3. This would depend on the size of the bedroom. It's generally something like 150 square feet per person for a household.

Most of your questions are basically matters of the parent's own determination. Unless of course, you are trying to get someone into trouble. CPS may frown upon 12 & 13 year old opposite sex children room sharing, and bathing together, but to most of us, that will also be a matter of common sense.
    Anonymous

• in NY I know a child has to have a bed and if they are older than 5 opposites cant share. I dont know if there is a limit how many in a room, I'm pretty sure its common sense though, a big room would probably fit like two bunkbeds maybe more but a smaller room may be only suitable for one or two children.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• In the state i live in.. Boys in one room and Girls in the other by age 5 bathing is the same.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about all of that. There are several single moms, low income familys and so on that cannot afford the extra bedroom and have their kids of opposite sex sharing a room. It's not ideal of course but you can't remove a child from the homne for it! If thats the case there would be a lot more kids in foster care. I know many people who have a two bedroom apartment and three kids. They bunk them. I would just look into it yourself.
    Anonymous