How old before they can have orange juice?

My son is 10 months old and he has this cold that is dragging on. has meds has seen doc, yada yada..but was wondering about orange juice? He has had manderin oranges many times, so I know there isnt an allergy and drinks other types of juices... I would water it down and we buy the low acid organic variety. is he too young? thanks mamas!

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 4:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think he's too young. I've found that you almost have to water it down though, because it can turn into diaper rash when it comes out because of the acidity.
    Anonymous

• Orange juice is so acidic, I wouldn't give it before 15 months and even then I'd dilute it. What about getting him some Hi-C? It has plenty of vitamin C but isn't as acidic?

If you're breastfeeding, then I'd advise no juice and just keep on BFing for the antibodies.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:13 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I heard not to give citris until at least 1.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• well as for no citris, he has already had it(doc ok'd it) and the acidityt is a concern but HI-c is pure sugar and maybe 5 percent actual juice so thats out. ty for the input and the heads up on diaper rash..
    ty ty ty for the thoughts. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2010