Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this seem shady to you?

I got a promotion, and I was told to sign up for benefits.So I signed up. Not only did they take $700 out of my check twice, but mailed me insurance cards with a letter saying I had insurance. When I called to ask why they removed $700 from my check instead of the agreed $192 they told me a mistake had been made they weould refund the money but I was not allowed to enroll for benefits at that time so I had no coverage at that time. I went to the ER recently and the bill is $2000 !!! They told me they will not be covering it. So I tried to drop the benefits altogether and now they won't let me. I feel like I need to quit my job. It's now way more than I can afford. I contacted supervisors and they were nasty and even admitted it was their mistake, but won't cover my bill. I feel sick to my stomach.

Answer Question

Asked by Steff107 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 3 (16 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • That is very weird> I would be going all the way up the chain until you get the refude in full ($1400) and tell them you don't want anything from them except the job with promation. There is really something not right here at all and this needs to be taken care of ASAP.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

  • ya something doesnt sound right at all.. sorry momma hope you can get it figured not much help though

    Answer by swaney06 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

  • Sounds to me like someone (probably in your HR department) screwed up but doesn't want to admit to it. Management is probably hoping you'll just shut up and go away. Threaten to hire an attorney and I'm guessing you'll get your money real fast.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

  • keep calling them an writing them letters/emails every day until you get off of it...but it does sound like someone messed up an doesn't want to admit it or else someone in the department doesn't want to lose another person on benefits

    Answer by diana2630 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

  • I would consult an attorney. SOmething is definately not right.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.