Anyone have ideas for a farm/barn/Old MacDonald birthday?

I think that is going to be the theme for me 2 y/o's birthday in a few weeks. I would love some ideas! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe a petting zoo?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:32 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• lots of red gingham material....Mabye for table cloths. Petting zoo is a good idea. Little farm animals to put on the tables, a farm animal cake... red/blue streamers.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I did a John Deere Theme for my little guy's 2nd B-day in October. There are lots of tractor/farm party supplies online. I found a cute cardoboard farm scene with a farmer on a tractor....there was a hole for the face so the kids could stick their heads through and be the farmer.

I just bought Green and Yellow napkins/plates etc from Walmart. Though I did buy John Deere Party bags from Zurchers Party Supply.

As for food I tried to make it farm themed. Little smokies wrapped in biscuit dough ( Pigs in a Blanket) Spinach Dip - was more for the adults, but I called it Pig Slop. You could make those "haystack" cookies . I actually made No Bake cookies and called them "cow pies". Gross, but funny. I also made pop corn. I'm sure there are other things you could think of too. Granola could be horse feed....etc

For favors you could do seed packets with little pots and so
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• (oops).........you could give them seed packets, and soil and a little pot. or just do some farm themed things. I think Oriental Trading or Party express had the cutest little farm themed grab bags with tons of stuff in them, but they were out of my price range.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Those ideas are sooo cute Nika75! You are such a great thinker!1 <3
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Look at the Betty Crocker website, my SIL made the cutest cake/cupcakes from there - a barn cake and animal cupcakes - way too adorable! I made a John Deere cake for my DS's 2nd birthday.
    Anonymous

• I did a farm theme for my daughter's first birthday. I bought adorable farm plates and cups from Oriental Trading Company. I made table cloths from denim. I bought cute little bushel baskets from the dollar store to put chips and pretzels in. I made handmade invitations that looked like little barns with animals. In fact, I bought the clip art from the DJ Inkers website, so if you want me to send it to you, just e-mail me. I made her a really cute farm cake, too, where I rolled all the little farm animals out of colored fondant. It was soooo cute.

If you're interested, I can send photos of the stuff I made.

lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2010