Disinfecting the whole house

Hey ladies, everyone in our house has been sick with the flu the past week or two. I am trying to get the whole house disinfected and get rid of the germs. i have the windows open to get some fresh air in here. Just looking for a list of things to disinfect so I don't forget anything. I have a thing of Lysol spray and wipes so I am ready to go get this stuff out of my house. Thanks for the input ladies!

sagesmom724

Asked by sagesmom724 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Health

• spray the toilet seat, door handles, sink knobs...anything that is touched constantly. Fridge door, drawer/cupboard handles..etc
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 5:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• the only time i ever clean like that is when a child with nut allergies comes over to play! we don't see "germs" reinfecting us. we seem to get sick and be done with it. i would think the windows open for a bit would be enough.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• why? if everyone has already been exposed and had the virus, you all have the antibodies to keep from getting it again.
    Anonymous

• Lysol is pretty toxic; I would not have it in my home.

This Is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2010