std's

now that im single ... ive been thinking about what its going to be like when i meet someone new, and i ask them to take a blood test before we have sex. i dont even want to kiss them before they take a blood test because they might have herpes in there mouth. i refuse to catch an std! i know 7 people who have had chlamidya. yuck. have you ever seen a picture of genital warts?? its THE MOST disgusting thing i have ever seen.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 5:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) affect men and women of all backgrounds and economic levels.The CDC (Center for Disease Control), estimates that 19 million new infections occur each year, almost half of them among young people ages 15 to 24.

These facts are astounding and it is not wrong of her to want to take the proper precautions to prevent contracting an STD, some of which can be fatal or perhaps make her infertile. I'm sure you know but always use a condom and if a man wont take a blood test for you then he is not worth enough to get in your pants:) Hope this helps:)

worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• You need a 40 yr old virgin.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 5:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I highly doubt you are going to get a bloodtest from someone before you have sex with them. How would you feel if your man asked you to get one? What makes you so sure you are clean yourself?
    Anonymous

• ive been tested silly. recently. and if someone wanted me to take a blood test, i would think good - they probably dont have an std either since they are as careful as me. and if they wont take a blood test, im not having sex with them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• My first husband cheated and gave me chlamidya. When I met my current husband, I had him get tested for STD's before I'd have sex with him. He said he appreciated how responsible I was and how I respected my body.

But, just so you know, chlamidya and other common STD's cannot be detected in a blood test. The man has to have a rod run up his penis and they send a sample of just like when a woman gets a vaginal swab.
    Anonymous

• There are so many things wrong with this, I don't even know where to start.
    Anonymous

• Hey in this day and age, I'd have a man get tested too. Men can have many STD's and not even know it, then pass it on to a woman. There is NOTHING wrong with asking for a blood test and other tests. And I would NOT get offended if someone asked me to get a test either. Thankfully I'm married lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I highly doubt you will do that. Seriously. Do you have proof of your so called check up for him? If someone has something it may lie dorment and not even show up. Why don't you have him fill out a contract saying if he gives you an std you can sue him.
    Anonymous

• You just need to worry about you and your child.
    Anonymous

• I have a home std kit for all the guys I take home from the bar. It works great!
    Anonymous