he's hyperactive, and he's getting violent...

my son seems to be getting angrier and angrier, i don't know if its because he doesn't know how to release his anger in the correct way or what. but he does this thing where lets say he trips over one of his toy cars. he'll start hitting that car very violently and scream "BAD CAR!!!" even if he trips on his own feet he hits the floor and screams "BAD FLOOR!"..ive tried explaining to him that it was an accident and it wasn't that toys fault, or the floors fault. but he still does it. and just recently my dad told him to do something, and my son screams "NO!..." then in a very mean voice he says "im gonna smack you"....i feel like my son is getting out of control! i don't know what im doing wrong. and i don't know what kind of disciplinary actions i should be taking. PLEASE HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds like he may need some professional therapy in order to address is feelings properly, maybe play therapy. I think this may be beyond you and you need outside help. I'm not saying he's crazy or something, so don't take it wrong. He may just need help sorting out his feelings.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Do you guys talk to him this way? Or does he see it on TV By chance? MOST kids learn by example and actions from the parents or family members from what I have read .... I only have a 2 year old so I am far from an expert.. my son tells "stories" which I know don't possibly happen and he blames me or someone he knows for owie's he gets when I see it happen..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Im middle child was the same way and when she started school she was diagnosed with bipolar and when she was put on the right meds. she got better! Not saying that your son has it but it may be something you may want to talk to his doctor about!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2010