Would you be more understanding to a woman who had one abortion rather than multiple?

I guess I understand what a hard choice it can be. Me personally can't understand why someone could do that over and over again. I went through it years ago and it was so heartbreaking I couldn't imagine doing that ever again. I just don't get it.

It's like why didn't you get it the first time? Why did you fail to protect yourself again? And there's always the cop out, I was on bc. I call bs. It seems like the only way the pill works for some people is if they hold it between their knees.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Abortion is not birth control. Doing it over and over again means a woman seems to think that it is.

But I think it's murder no matter how many times you do it.
    Anonymous

• of course
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Only if they had one once....like you said, I can't even fathom over and over again.
    Anonymous

• i understand what your saying. My SIL has had 2. One of them was even with her fiance who is now her husband, and in her words, well i'm in college and timing just isn't right. Then she had some type of female problems and was told she might not be able to have kids. And was so sad with the whole, "i've always wanted to be a mom and now they don't know if i can" It was so frustrating. She did end up having a child since then, but i still think she has some issues.
    Anonymous

• I had an abortion when i was 16. I was on the pill when i got pregnant, wanted to keep the child, was forced into an abortion by an abusive boyfriend. stayed on the pill...got pregnant again a few months later...and did not get an abortion. when i had my first and only abortion, it was so painful, and upsetting, that when i walked outside, i collapsed into my boyfriend's arms, looked him in the eyes, and said, "I am NEVER doing that again." And I didn't. now i have a beatiful little girl. I agree...after experiencing one abortion myself...i couldn't ever imagine going through it again. I still think about what if...and i still feel guilty all the time. I could never go through that again. I dont get it. maybe these girls should STOP HAVING SEX PERIOD!! LOL I dunno what else to say.
    Anonymous

• People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... I really don't think you should judge someone for something you did yourself, even if you learned from it, it still doesn't make it right..JMO
    Anonymous

• That's not the point of the post anon @609. Your comment is irrelavent I would only be in a glass house throwing stones if I did it over and over again. Read it a little better next time. I made a huge mistake and couldn't imagine repeating it over and over again. There's a reason behind the post so lay off.
    Anonymous

• i dont believe that by having an abortion your murdering a baby, so if a women has an abortion, she only effecting her own body. not mine or yours or anyone elses. she could have 10 for all i care. i wont hold it against her. i have a friends who have had 4-6 abortions.
    ive had two. one when i was 18. and when 4 months after i had my son. i dont need to explain why. i didnt get pregnant on purpose. it sucked. it was heartbreaking in a way and i wasnt as careful as i could have been, but thats that.
    adoptions are something i feel differently about. they make me sad.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Purpul I think you are just rationalizing to be okay with it because you did it.
    Anonymous

• rationalizing?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:22 PM on Mar. 4, 2010