ughhh, son's father wants to look for a cheaper preschool, but i LOVE the one i want him to go to..

first of all, my son's father and i are not together. just today i took my son for a tour of the kindercare close to our house, and i absolutely loved it! i called my son's father as soon as i got home and he was like "well, lets see if we can find some place cheaper" it sounded like he was talking about going to some restaurant or something. i don't think our child's safety is even a worry of his. anyone else ever been in this situation? how did you deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think he should be going with you....so he knows exactly what your dealing with. But it's not such a bad thing to "shop around" granted you can get excellent care for your child for a cheaper price!
    Anonymous

• I do think you should shop around. There are very good daycares out there that are cheaper than Kindercare. That place is VERY expensive. His father should GO WITH YOU too.
    Anonymous

• you can't put a price on a quality early childhood experience... I'm not saying expensive = high quality and less expensive = poor, but you have to do lots of research and ask lots of questions
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• i think preschool can be very expensive. full time preschool within our public school system is almost as much as my college tuition was 20 years ago! shopping around could be worth it, unless $ is not an issue.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• He is the child's father and I am guessing he is also helping pay for it. So he should have some say. He needs to be involved in the decision, not just "I picked this one. Here is the bill".
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 8:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• kindercare is EXPENSIVE! My kids use to go there when they were 1 and 2. Now ages 5 and 6 plus a baby now age 2. ANyhow do you need child care as well as preschool? if not go to a place where they offer just preschool. Its way cheaper and often better. Not that kindercare is bad because my kids loved it but they learned way more at a reg preschool that just focused on all those skills. He should have a say and he should go to to see these places. I do tend to pick where my kids go and we are togther but he always goes before we make the final decision.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2010