Racism.. Alive & kicking.. is this a form of it or am I reaching?

My husband asked me to take his printer 2 be repaired. I went online & found couple of computer repair places. My husband has told me, as well as other ppl, that I sound like a ww on the phone.. mmk lol.I call this place: Computer Solutions in Lake Jackson, tx. I explain 2 the guy what the issue is with the printer. He says " Sounds like a quick fix, we can handle that. Just bring it in.So I go by there 2day & as soon as I walk in the 3 men there look at me then go back 2 thier business. 1 of the guys walked right past me, hopped on a computer & started playing spider solitaire.stood there 4 15 mins. nada. 1 customer leaves & I ask about repair 2 my printer. W/O looking at me he says: We dont do that here, Go toHouston. I tell him I called ahead. he says: GO 2 HOUSTON. I'M NOT REPAIRING YOUR PRINTER.i'm not that person that screams racist all the time.did i mention all the men and the customers were w & i am not. Am I reaching

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm wondering if the manager or owner answered your call and just his crappy employees were there today and didn't feel like taking on any work.
    But, yea...sure sounds rude at best and racist at worst.
    Anonymous

• sounds like it to me....
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• you are making a judgement about them, just the same as you assume they did about you, You don't know for sure it was due to race, could be that they are just lazy bums -either way... seeing how they operate, would you really trust them with an expensive piece of equipment. Don't dwell on it.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• no, that does sound like racism. who gives a shit. they were probably a bunch of hillbillys anyway.
    i had a teacher who said she lived in texas and she hated it because you were either a hill billy or a "shit kicker". she was white, but she hated the racism.
    believe me, ive had black people be racist towards me quite often. its not just white on black.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• he didn't say I won't serve you, he said we don't do that here... maybe the people you spoke to on the phone were wrong. It's a bit much to assume that just because everyone in the room is white, they are racist, maybe that's just how it worked out that day/
    Anonymous

• Yeah that sounds wrong, at the least it was rude and poor customer service. One can only hope it was because the only people that were currently working at that time were rude idiots and maybe the person you talked to, who maybe was the only person with a brain, was out at the moment?

I agree with previous poster rude at best, racist at worst. Regardless I don't think anybody could blame you for being upset and maybe even hurt, but as another previous poster said it's best not to dwell rather be glad that you didn't hand over something meaningful that cost you good money to people who cannot treat a person with respect (bets are they don't treat things with respect either).
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Probably was. Sorry that happened to you.

Wow, PURPULbutterfly, you knew ONE person who lived in Texas for a little while?? Awesome. Glad you can judge an entire state of 24 MILLION PEOPLE by the secondhand information of ONE. Good job!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 1:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2010