is it rude for a woman to tell you that your getting big when pregnant or am i over reacting

this lady always has to say at least one thing that kinda gets to me, i try to avoid her but it is hard to. i just found it really rude how we were all talking then all of a sudden she was like aaa your gettin a belly. geeeez your gettin big. im 4 1/2 months along and i didnt think i was that big yet but idk it just kinda ticked me off! so rude! i just said yep thats what happens when your pregnant.
has anywho has this happened to any of you? what did you do or say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's the same person saying it over and over again? she sounds really weird and awkward if that's all she has to say! lol
    Anonymous

• you will hear comments like that your whole pregnancy that will piss you off, its mostly hormones. i still wont go to the chinese restaraunt in our town because the owner said my baby was big when i was pregnant.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• yeah, and she'd chuckle and be like i mean like geeez.. ugh! there was 5 of us talking and she like interupted to say her rude comment! she cant resist her rude remarks! & in front of my hubby made me feel bad too.
    Anonymous

• Yes it's rude. I had a neighbor tell me daily how I was too big and she was never that big with any of her 5 children. I must eat too much. I need to get more exercise. I'm getting fat and lazy. What does my husband think of that?

I never before wanted to throttle a person as much as I did her.
    Anonymous

• My ex's mom used to say that to me and that's why I wouldn't talk to her when I was pregnant.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Every day at work at least one person makes some sort of comment on how big I am or my personal favorite "Are you sure it's not twins"? I try to just make light of it, but it gets old really quick! For some reason, people don't seem to think that it's inapprorpriate to comment on your size when you are pregnant. It is insulting though, I think! You really have no control over how big your bump is or how you carry but it still makes you feel like crap! I've kind of mastered this bored, slightly annoyed look when people say something, and they usually get the hint!
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 8:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2010