Anyone have a thyroid problem that caused them to have trouble concieving or keeping a pregnancy?

I have had two miscarriages back to back and done a lot of research on thyroid issues and I think that might be my problem. I'm going to see the dr. in 2 weeks and we are going to start running tests. Anyone have a thyroid problem? What were your symptoms, what did the doctor do to help? Any insight would be great! Thanks a ton!!

mazonmom

Asked by mazonmom at 7:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Hi. Im sorry for your losses. I've had 4 losses this year. I have hypothyroidism, and ive had it since my son was born 3 yrs ago. All of my miscarriages have been early, 6 weeks or less. I see a fertility specialist next week.
    They arent sure if my miscarriages are from my thyroid disease or from my autoimmune disease. I would definetly get checked! Its been hard for them to find a right dosage of synthroid for me. I go from a high dosage and my thyroid being underactive to it being very overactive. My symptoms seem to be the same either way.
    Im sorry I dont really have anymore info for you, im still trying to fiqure it all out myself. Hopefully we both will get some answers soon. Just letting you know you arent alone!! Goodluck!
    MommyAmbie

Answer by MommyAmbie at 10:00 AM on Mar. 6, 2010