Wanna know what your stylists won't tell you?

As a stylist of 6 years, here are some common things that stylists can't say to SOME customers but wish they could.
1) Don't go into a place with black box color in your hair and ask to go back blonde and really expect it. If they are a good stylist they should warn you that's near impossible, at least safely. And if you still choose to do so, don't blame her if she told you.
2)We hate it when you walk in to the salon and comment on how dead it is. We hear it everytime someone walks in. Just because we aren't busy at that moment doesn't mean we weren't slammed 20 minutes ago.
3)Don't complain about the price. It's posted, if it isn't and you are concerned ask ahead of time. And remember, you get what you paid for, sometimes trying to go the cheapest makes you pay more in the end. We have a ton of redos from chop shops with $6.99 coupons and $27 colors. We deserve to get paid for our work.
continued....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Wow - people are so mad about this post... don' know why, I appreciate the advice.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 8:14 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• 4)If you aren't happy with your service speak up! We'll make it right!! If they refuse then get pissed, but most good stylists can make it right, adjust etc. Most of the time it's a quick fix. We care and we want to know!
    Anonymous

• 5) Realistic expectations. If you come in for hair extensions you may notice they are hair extensions, it's because it's not your hair!lol
    I'm a beutician not a magician! I can do a great job and make you feel awesome, but you have to feel awesome on the inside I can't do that for ya!
    Anonymous

• LOL you act like we are ur customers. If you want to vent thats fine we will listen but you shouldn't act like we are all stupid and scold us.
    Anonymous

• take it however you want.....
    Anonymous

• Shocking another cafemom member who didn't completly read a post and went in defensivly....
    Anonymous

• my goodness some of you ladies are in bad moods tonight.
    Anonymous

• This is one of the reasons why I cut my own hair. Who wants to have their hair cut by someone with a bad attitude and seems like they don't like their job?
    Anonymous

• oh please-
    i've paid 50 and more for haircuts and often they don't look at good as the 8 dollar jobs. I have curly hair that often isn't so curly when it grows out, so when I ask for a layered cut and end up with a bob for straight hair, whose fault is that?

fess up- stylists will do what they want no matter what we want-

then they wonder why we get mad-
    Anonymous

• Good advice.
    I never told my last stylist that I didn't like the style she gave me because a) she kept going on and on about how she just got back from a trip and was soooo tired.. b) I was embarrassed.. and c) I didn't want to offend her.
    Anonymous