HELP! ABOUT TO START PANICKING!

All day I have had swollen gums, causing me a bad headache. Well now, just recently, I can barely see out of my left eye. All I really see is a bunch of floating line, everything else is blurry. I REALLY can NOT afford to go to the ER because I have no health insurance. I tried calling the after hours # for my eye doctor and left a message. Same for my regular doctor. Neither has returned my call yet. So please, if anyone has any idea of what this is...give me some peice of mind that Im not about to go blind or something...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Health

• Just go the the ER. Your life may be in danger. Isn't your life more important than a hospital bill???
    Anonymous

• GIRL GET YOUR BUTT TO THE E.R ! !
    Anonymous

• Okay, I understand this may be severe, but I dont think you ladies understand that I CAN NOT AFFORD another hospital bill on top of all of the other hospital bills I am still making payments on. I want to know if anyone knows what this may be,
    Anonymous

• Are you seriously only going to care about a medical bill over your health? Go! Then tomorrow, talk to the hospital administrator, and let them know that you dont have insurance and see if they have a county program. Also, let them know that you will be making payments, and you dont want a bad influence on your credit. Get off cafemom, and go!
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• swollen gums, blurry vision...maybe a bad tooth infection, and the infection could be spreading? i agree with the others and you should go to the er. talk to them about $ concerns, and maybe just maybe they could be conservative with their exam and tests. hopefully there is some sort of financial aid with the hospital. vision is a scary thing to mess with.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Seriously. I can totally understand lacking insurance and not being able to afford a bill - I've been there, many times! But guess what? You can't afford for anything to get worse can you? You go in, find out what's wrong, couple hundred bucks or so and you're on your way to better health. You don't go, and things get worse, and worse, and worse, and next thing you know you're on your death bed. Which sounds worse? Go, now, and worry about the money later - and later, apply for whatever "charity care" your hospital has to help pay the bill! GO!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:03 AM on Mar. 5, 2010