You wanna know a secret about bikini, brazillian and body waxing?

I have worked in several salons that offer these services. You'd think they were just hole in the wall places but they actually happen to be well known establishements considered to be high end. They aren't the cleanest. State says no double dipping the applicator. They do it all the time. They don't care. So when they waxed someone's "area" they dipped the stick in the pot applied it to the crotch then dipped it back in the pot and used the same wax on someone else. There are actually recorded cases where people caught diseases from contaminated wax. So next time you are getting those brows waxed make sure it's at a place that follows procedure!! It's serious. Pay attention to what they do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Denial is in the air lmfao.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Not to worry. I do not get waxed. Eyebrows, or otherwise! But good to know, I guess. How would you know though? I'm sure they wouldn't tell you they double dip if you ask.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• yum....
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• All you have to do is watch them. The wax pot is right there! It's kind of hard miss it. Just no one ever pays attention or thinks where has that wax been before me?
    Anonymous

• This is why I do my own and i just tweeze my eyebrows. I knew a girl who caught herpes in her eyes from some shady chinese waxer at some crappy nail salon.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Not everyone is stupid. Some of us do pay attention!
    Anonymous

• Could you please post where this is documented with the CDC. I have searched all over and cannot find any documentation that supports this.
    A temperature above 105 degrees kills bacteria and fungi. Are you saying the wax isn't hot enough also? A client that is immuno supressed or taking acutane could be more prone to cellulitis what other diseases might someone get?
    Anonymous

• CDC? California Department of corrections? Where are you looking? Double dipping is common sense, they teach it straight out of beauty school. State inspector looks for it. No one said anyone was stupid, lighten up a little.
    Anonymous

• You can never really know if the wax sitting there was not used before. These places get inspected from the health department, what once every few months or years? plenty of room to mess up and believe me most of them are filthy. My aunt was a big fan of fake nails until one day her real nails turned green, turns out so did many other women who used that same salon. Makes me want to vomit the price people will actually pay for beauty lol.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• They get inspected once a year. Here's one for ya

http://hairremoval.about.com/b/2008/04/02/whats-lurking-in-the-wax-pot.htm
    Anonymous