Do you think genetically modified foods are healthy for us?

i've been recently hearing a lot about genetically modified foods GMOs...the main thing i've heard is that NONE of them were tested on people, and the ones that were tested on animals caused horrible things like tumors and cancer in the animals YET the FDA still let the companies release the GMOs into our food system...i heard that we are basically guinea pigs for the GMO corporations...do you think that a GMO is safe for us to eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not exactly but it takes a lot to avoid. They put it in almost everything if you read how many products have modified this and that it says it right there in most processed foods as well as msg which now food companies have about 100 words for, hydrogenated oils and all those lovely things lol.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• They are dangerous. Avoid processed foods and try to do mostly organic and local if you can. They are BAD news.And yes we are the guinea pigs. Fight back by not buying their shit. It is toxic.
    The FDA does not care about protecting the consumer. They are all about protecting corporations.
    Anonymous

• No they are not safe and i avoid processed foods as much as possible and buy local organic food
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No, I don't think they are safe. AT ALL!! Look at how much pull Monsanto has with the FDA. Look at the fact Clarence Thomas used to be a Monsanto attorney. Monsanto has a lot of influence and it is horrible. Aside from Food, Inc there's also a movie called The Future of Food which also made me want to clear everything out of my cupboards and start anew.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• Until I see solid evidence that they are safe, I will assume that that are not. I would never allow GMO-foods in my home. www.nongmoproject.org http://www.nongmoproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Non-GMO-Project-Shopping-Guide-Jan-10.pdf

Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• No genetically engineered items usually will contain some radiation, and will be missing nutrients we need.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2010