How often do you scoop cat litter and how often do you change all the litter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pets

• I scoop everyday and change once a week.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 8:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I scoop everyday and my cats go through litter so fast that I don't really change all the litter so much as dump in more clean to fill what has been scooped. I add more litter at least once a week.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• We use sifter bags. We sift every day and do a full change every 10 days. There are 10 bags in a pack.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I do not have a cat, but if I did, I would scoop at least twice a day. Houses that smell like cat pee/poo gross me out!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• There are so many litters out there that mask odar. Unless you have MULTIPLE cats, scooping twice a day wouldn't even be necessary.
    Anonymous

• We have 4 boxes and scoop every day. We just refill since we go through so much litter.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 10:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2010

• We only have one cat, and we scoop once a day and change out the litter once a week (we put the liner bags in, so it's easier.. just close the bag up and take it out to the trash) :) If we had more then one cat, we'd have more then one box.. and would still scoop once a day, change once a week. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• we have 2 cats and 3 boxes. i scoop at least once a day and change the litter every 4-5 days depending on how much urine is in the box. we spend a fortune on litter and have tried all kinds. i like the newspaper type the best. cant use the clumping kind as my little one gets urine infections with it /the vet seems to think. i also have a room deodorizer that sprays every 30 minutes. it works pretty well to control the smell as many ppl hv been surprised that we have cats when they come over. the house will only smell if u dont take care of the boxes. its a big job and i wish i could think of a more automatic way to take care of it.
    has anyone tried the automatic box with the granules that washes them after each time the cat uses the bix,. i cant recall what it is called but it has a way to crush up the solid waste so it can b flushed down the hook up it has to the toilet or supossedly any drain??it is expensive it think..
    Anonymous