Obama approach at odds with past views

President Barack Obama is trying to achieve a health care overhaul the way he once said it couldn't, and shouldn't, be done.

He now wants congressional Democrats to move ahead without Republican support and pass the legislation with a bare majority in the Senate instead of the broader majority he favored as a presidential candidate.

Obama in '07--"You can't deliver on health care. We're not going to pass universal health care with a 50-plus-one strategy. We're not going to have a serious bold energy policy of the sort that I proposed yesterday unless you build a working majority."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100304/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_fact_check_obama_health_care_1

Another Obama lie? He can't even get his own party to fully support this bill, so he has changed his stance and is willing to buy votes and shove it down America's throat. Is this the kind of change you want?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Conveniently changing your mind when it suits one's own agenda is always hypocritical...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• A change of mind is not a lie.
    I won't lie, though...I'm getting tired of Obama changing his mind..
    Anonymous

• Change of mind? er could be but I do not think so
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I think they should charge all the legislaters a dollar every time they tell a lie. We could use the revenue to pay down the debt.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Funny, Obama thought it was a terrible idea when he was in Congress, and when he was running for president, but once he was in power...... Just like the Patriot Act....... Hmmmmm......

Hypocrite.

Anonymous

• Words that Obama lives by: Just because I say something today, that doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow, or even 5 minutes from now. Heck, don't believe anything I say, cause I will say whatever will get me what I want at the moment!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• But, it's all okay because its OBAAAAMAAAA.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2010