Please Help

I am looking for a used car that can accommodate 1 forward facing carseat for my 1yo, a small booster for my 6yo and and infant carseat for baby #3 due july. I don't have my licences yet because I was in a small accident the 1st time I drove and have been scared to drive since then. So I would prefer to drive a smaller vehicle until I am more comfortable driving, then I would buy a minivan. could you tell me about some good cars for 3 carseats and some smaller carseats if you know of any.My husband doesn't drive yet either because of similar reasons so this is all really new to us. thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• You might not be able to do a small car. I have a 4 door Honda Civic. We used to try and make my SS sit in his booster, SD squeeze on the other side, and the infant car seat in the middle. it was Horrible and SS kept accidently unbuckling the infant car seat. I know many will disagree, but we finally moved my daughter's seat to the side (she is in a forward facing car seat now and 20 mos) and neither SS or SD use the booster seat. There just is not room. We can not afford a larger vehicle. mine is paid for.

So I don't think you will really be able to do a "small" vehicle. I am not saying you have to get a minivan right away, but I don't think there are any small cars that would fit all the car seats/booster/etc.

Good luck though. I love small vehicles. When I get a bigger one it will be an SUV though because I am not a minivan person.
    Anonymous

• look into craigslist.com and use carfax to help find an inexpensive car for yourself. we have a 1 yr old and a 2 month old and driving a mazda with 4 doors and its ok for now but we need something bigger. i say its ok for two carseats but kinda cluttered hope u find something
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2010